Home    About Me    Goodreads    Bloglovin   YouTube    Twitter

Sunday, May 30, 2010

My top summer trends.

The sun is shining... and it's going to be 110 degrees soon. Well, at least it will be where I live. That means it's time to put away all of the winter clothes in my closet and dive right into the summer trends.

So, here are a few of my favorites.


Enjoy...
(Click the link below for my video on this topic!)

Youtube: Summer Clothing Trends!


1. Jeggings: I cringed the first time someone described these to me. But, as I started seeing them more and more in the states, I realized that they were indeed very cute. I found this pair on the Hollister Co. website for around $49.95. If you're not ready to make that commitment yet, Forever 21 has a few pairs for $12.50+



2. Rompers: I'm the type of person that could live in a bathing suit all summer if I had the option. Unfortunately, I would probably get fired from my job if I showed up to work in a bikini. So, rompers are a great solution because they are light weight and cute for summer. Forever 21 seems to carry the best and cheapest selection of rompers in my opinion. I love this one becauseit has a cute pattern and a little bit of ruffle at the top!

3. Over sized shirts: Also along the lines of being comfy, I think that over sized t-shirts are the way to go. You can either buy them a size up, or get the shirts that are specifically designed to hang off your shoulders. I would pair them up with skinny jeans or shorts. If you need something a bit more professional I would suggest buying solid colored shirts. This way you can tuck them into a high waist skirt or shorts.

4. Summer (bubble) dresses:
I love the way these dresses look. Casual on the top, dressy on the bottom. They look great if your going to the pool, or out to dinner with your boyfriend. I found an example of this dress on AMI clubwear.


5. Strappy (metallic) sandals and Nude Pumps:
I LOVE sandals! For summer, I think that metallic colors like silver, gold and bronze look amazing against tanned skin. They are different from the normal black or brown sandal (don't get me wrong- I love those too!)

Nude pumps are also great for summer and they are very unexpected. You can pair them with skinny jeans or a nice dress. I love this pair from Asos because it has a very chunky and cute style.




2 comments: