Home    About Me    Goodreads    Bloglovin   YouTube    Twitter

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Countdown to Korea- 3 weeks.

I feel so incredibly unprepared for my upcoming trip to Korea.

Although I have been accumulating travel items (lightweight clothing, toiletries, an umbrella, etc) there is still so much more that needs to be purchased.

One of my main concerns is that I have to buy each of my home stay families gifts.  I have no idea if my families will have kids and what age they will be, so I am completely lost...!  I know that while I am there, I will buy them more gifts as well, to demonstrate my gratitude for them letting me stay in their home.  But, since I am a planner, I would like to know what to buy them now so I don't disappoint them.

I was also completely unprepared for the fact that we would not be receiving any living expense compensation while there.  Last year, the ambassadors received $500 for their services to spend on expenses such as food and gifts for their home stay families.  I know I should not have counted on this money, but now I'm in a bind.  I really need a new camera to document the entire trip (my laptop is my only reliable recording device and I certainly can't carry it around with me, Lol).  Since I was really counting on blogging and vlogging my trip to the fullest to show everyone what it's like to live in Korea for for a few weeks, I'm going to do my best to scrape together funds for equipment and spending money while I'm there.

Other than that, everything else seems to be on track.  I can't really pack things into my suitcase yet (speaking of which- I'm having a great debate about what size suitcase I should bring... big enough to take souvenirs back, but small enough to lug around since I have to go from a hotel to a house and then to another house while there).  I'm also having problems with deciding on which electrical adapters to purchase.  Do I need one that converts the voltage or just changes the plug???

I hope that you are all having a great week so far.  I'm going to go run some errands... I need to pick up some books/DVD's from the library, grab some items from the store (trip related) and use my gift card at a yummy cupcake shop that I've had since Christmas!  =]


Images courtesy of Pinterest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment