Home    About Me    Goodreads    Bloglovin   YouTube    Twitter

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Kimchi and...

Have you ever had kimchi with steak?

I have!

For dinner at Outback Steakhouse, here in the wonderfully humid and rainy S. Korea, I had a New York Strip Steak (medium) with fried rice, veggies and kimchi.  They import their steak from Australia here, but I could not taste the difference at all.  The experience at this restaurant was quite similar to what one might come across in America, except for the kimchi of course.  But, my host family did order the appetizer AFTER dinner which was interesting.

Earlier today I had mentioned that I was dreading going to church.  The experience was actually great.  I made a few new Korean friends around my age who have lived in Canada and the United States, so their English is awesome.  They were really nice and sat with me during the English services upstairs (it was pre-recorded on DVD).

After our "service', we joined everyone else downstairs in the cafeteria for lunch.  Lunch was 2,000 WON (less than $2), which consisted of rice, kimchi, some sort of pork, some sort of vegetable and squid soup.  What a deal, right?  Lol.

Then, we went to the cafe located inside the church and had some coffee while I waited for my host mom to finish socializing with her friends.  Overall, I was at church from 10am until 2pm, but the time went by so quickly.

Tomorrow I have to teach as usual from 9am-2pm and afterwards, a few of us are getting together to celebrate the 4th of July.  Hopefully we will have lots of fun in Itaewon!

No comments:

Post a Comment