Home    About Me    Goodreads    Bloglovin   YouTube    Twitter

Monday, November 7, 2011

Fashion Monday: Ugg Boots.

I've heard it time and time again... Ugg boots are UGLY!
Yes, yes.  I was once among those who felt this way until last Christmas when I opened a gift from the boyfriend and inside was my very own pair of Ugg's.  I had never really considered owning a pair of the authentic Ugg's, but now they were mine, all mine.


I now love and adore my Ugg's.  I can see why people find them to be the "go to" boot for cold, winter days.  Nothing compares to the warmth and comfort of the sheepskin lining inside.  

I think the problem with Ugg's is that so many people do not know how to wear them, or to choose to wear them inappropriately...



NO, NO, NO and EW!

I hate to play the fashion police here, but I know that many agree with me.  
Ugg's do not go with shorts, sweatpants, dresses, pajama pants or any other form of wide leg pants.  EVER.  

If it's warm enough to go outside with bare legs, don't wear Ugg's.  They are lined with fur to keep your feet warm when it is cold out.  Imagine how your little toesies will be burning up in there when it is hot outside!  

Ugg's also do not belong with anything that will bunch up and out of the top of the boot.  It just does not look good and gives off the impression that Ugg's are a "lazy" boot, instead of something that can actually be stylish.  

Are you going to work out?  Wear sneakers instead.
Are you lounging around the house in PJ's?  Wear slippers, socks or bare feet instead.
Feel like wearing boot cut or flare leg jeans?  Choose flats, sneakers... something, anything but Ugg's. 

That being said, Ugg's look great with the following:
Skinny Jeans
Leggings



Here are a few of my favorite ways to style Ugg's.



Perfect, Yes, I love it!  



Images Courtesy of Pinterest. 






2 comments:

  1. Good point. It took me a long time to get on the boot wagon in general because of the things you've noted here. Now I love boots and do my best to wear them appropriately. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGG is good for all occasions and the http://www.isabelmarantboots.us/ isabel marant as well.

    ReplyDelete