Home    About Me    Goodreads    Bloglovin   YouTube    Twitter

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Adventures in Ada, Oklahoma.

We got back from Ada, Oklahoma on Sunday night.  I had not been to Oklahoma since I was 14 years old and this trip was definitely a different experience from when I was younger.

We went on this trip to attend Nick's little sister's high school graduation and to visit with his family.  My aunt, uncle and cousins also live in another town in Oklahoma and I was able to visit them for a bit on the last day we were there.

So, here's a brief story of our trip... also, don't forget to watch the YouTube video I made which includes footage and photos of the trip.

Let me start off by saying that 80 degrees + 80% humidity is not agreeable weather in my book.  Give me 100 degrees and no humidity and I'll be just fine.  As soon as we stepped into the airport around midnight on Thursday, we were overwhelmed by the damp air!  Needless to say, Nick and I did not stop complaining about it the entire trip.

One thing I did love was the rain.  I love rain and we rarely see it here in Las Vegas (a summer storm here or there and some heavy rainfall in October is about it).  Other than spending time at Nick's mom and aunt's house, we "explored" the 10 mile (?) town and looked at all of the gorgeous custom homes, plentiful churches and ate at some local food joints.  I really wish that we had a Rib Crib where I live because it was SO good.  Mmm...

Also, everything is incredibly inexpensive there.  Nick's sister, Brenna, and I found college sweatshirts at the local Walmart (aka the store that EVERYONE shops at) for about $10 a piece.  If it had been in Vegas, they would have been $30-$40 each!  I was also surprised that soft drinks only cost $1.85 and beers $3 at restaurants.  We are used to paying $4 a soft drink and $8+ for any sort of alcohol.

On our second to last day in Oklahoma we drove out to Nick's cousin's farm.  There were baby goats, kittens, puppies and dogs everywhere.  So cute.  After dinner, we found out that there was a tornado headed our way and had to drive to the tornado shelter which was located in the cafeteria of an elementary school.  Luckily, we did not have to spend very long there and the tornado was blown in a different direction.  Unfortunately, we all know now that the same tornado killed 89 people in Missouri.  =[

The last day we drove into Oklahoma City and had lunch with my aunt, uncle and cousin, Chase.  It was so nice to see them since they rarely visit and my family has not made it back out there in about 10 years.

It is so nice to be back home.  Even though the time difference is only 2 hours, I'm still having a hard time adjusting.  I can't imagine what it's going to feel like when I go to another country.

Speaking of which, I just found out that I am leaving for Korea on June 21st, early morning.

Don't forget to watch the video below (click on it so it takes you to the YouTube page and you can watch a larger version).  I hope that everyone is having a wonderful week and summer.

xo- geL


No comments:

Post a Comment