Home    About Me    Goodreads    Bloglovin   YouTube    Twitter

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Another Day...

Right now I am sitting in the living room with my host dad, drinking coffee while he is watching a Chinese movie on the computer.  He doesn't speak English so this is really nice.  Lol.  My brain gets to rest for a few minutes.

My host brother is currently at work (although he came in from his night out at 8am).  He is a middle school math tutor and works only 2 hours a day.  His mom said that he makes $6.00/hr and minimum wage here is $4.05.  Last night they asked how much I make per hour at my job and were quite impressed.  It's really odd because I don't make very much money...

Anyway, the weather is awful today (bad rain and winds at 34 mph).  But, I'm going downtown with my host brother and his friends.  We're going to eat KFC (???), to the movies to watch Kung Fu Panda 2, to dinner and then drinking (although I've told them I don't drink lol).  We'll see how it goes.  Thankfully they're letting me bring one of my friends.  More updates to come...

1 comment:

  1. gahhhh please dont eat kfc while you are there !!
    try
    galbi tang (beef rib soup)
    dolsot bibimbap (HOTROCKBOWL stir RICE)
    galbi panchun (beef, onion, pancake of the gods)
    haemul panchun (seafoof, onion, heaven!!)

    kimbap (vegi rice roll, like sushi roll)
    Han Bat Sul Lung Tang
    best soup in the uninvers
    beef broth, beef, green onion to taste
    try the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kkakdugi
    mild, chrunchy, dip in the soup to remove the red ... really not hot ...

    ReplyDelete