Home    About Me    Goodreads    Bloglovin   YouTube    Twitter

Monday, January 9, 2012

Skin Woes.

All of my life I have had perfect skin (brag, brag, brag).
BUT
The turning point was when I hit the age of 22.  For some reason my skin decided to completely freak out and stop cooperating with my simple routine of wash and moisturize, day and night.
Everyone kept pointing it out since I had previously never had any issues.
My mom, my grandma, my boyfriend, his dad, his sister, my best friend.
It was brutal.
I could absolutely commiserate with those people featured on acne commercials.  Even though I know my skin could have looked far worse than it did (I would mostly break out on my forehead and chin), I could not imagine living the rest of my life with skin like this.
Aren't people supposed to get the bad skin done and over with during the teenage years?

Anyway, once I realized that caking on makeup and Neutrogena face wash were not doing the trick, I took to the internet, did tons of research and created the perfect cocktail of skin treatments that have brought me back to where I was before.

I have combination skin, so this may not work for everyone.  But, I figured I would share my routine with you...because there is seriously always hope for everyone (considering all of the products on the market today).

Overall:
Drink tons of water to maintain a clear complexion.  If you must drink soda/coffee... drink one glass of water to balance it out.

Morning-


A.M.



Step One: Wash face with Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin
Step Two: Moisturize skin with Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion.
Step Three: Apply makeup as usual.  The BB Cream I use has whitening agents in it to clear up any old visible blemish scars.

Night-


P.M.



Step One: Wash face with Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin
Step Two: Wash face with a small amount of Acne Free Purifying Facial Cleanser (I believe this is only available at Walmart or Amazon).
Step Three: Use a cotton ball to swipe face and neck with Clinique Clarifying Lotion (I use the formula for Dry to Combination Skin).
Step Four: Apply a very small amount of Acne Free Repair Lotion to trouble spots (I usually dab a bit on my forhead, chin, nose and cheeks to cover everything... but only use a tiny amount since the lotion is very drying).
Step Five: Moisturize under your eyes, and sides of nose and mouth with Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion.

With this particular routine my skin cleared up in a matter of days.  I love it and will probably never stray from it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment