Home    About Me    Goodreads    Bloglovin   YouTube    Twitter

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Starving College Student.

Tuesday's are always my most epically long day of the week.  I'm trying to use the word "epic" here in an acceptable manner, because epics are quite long and.... yeah, you probably don't care.  Point being, I'm not using it in that trendy manner in which people say, "Dude, that was epic!"

So, the reason why my Tuesday's seem to last forever is because I have classes from 9:30am-7:20pm with two little breaks squeezed in.  It's rough.  But, totally worth getting the bulk of my classes done for the week in one day.  Now I just have to look forward to my 3 hour Gender and Sexuality in Literature class tomorrow night, and a quickie Brit Lit class on Thursday morning.

But, seriously- all I can think about on Tuesday afternoons while I'm sitting in Lit Theory is food.  My college has a seriously crappy selection of vending machine snacks and beverages.

No joke, here is what I ate today at school from 9am when I arrived at school until 7:20pm when I left:

Kellogg's Pop-Tarts Brown Sugar Cinnamon Frosted, 8-Count Box (Pack of 6)



The Starbucks of course came from my usual morning run.  I didn't feel like spending $5 on oatmeal... boy was that a big mistake.  I wasn't hungry until about noon, which is when I pulled out my foil package of Brown Sugar Pop Tarts that I had brought from home.  Later on my 15 minute break, I bought a bag of potato chips.  The "California Chips" brand was the ONLY brand available in the machine.  Since there was no flavor listed on it, I figured they would be similar to Lays original potato chips.  So, I scampered down two flights of stairs, got to class, opened the bag and was overwhelmed by the intense scent of vinegar, sugar, salt and paprika.  I ate one.  Disgusting.  Gave the bag to one of my friends because let's face it- boys eat anything.  I then made one last ditch attempt at the vending machine and opted for Welch's Fruit Snacks.  Not very filling, but I later purchased a second bag before my last class to hold me over.

By this time I am RAVENOUS.  I'm thinking of all the things I would like to eat.  I get home to find that the boyfriend has already eaten dinner (leftover pizza).  There is literally nothing appealing to eat in the pantry.  So, what do I have to settle for?

Nissin Top Ramen Oodles of Noodles Chicken Flavor 24/2.25oz 24-pack

Some "tasty" Top Ramen.  I guess this means that I should start bringing better snacks to school on Tuesdays.  I also hope to have better luck with my meals tomorrow.  I think I'm going to go search for some more food now...

1 comment:

  1. Oh don't you hate that? Usually for me it's not because the boy has eaten it but because I forgot to factor in a vital ingredient to whatever it is that I want to eat.

    ReplyDelete