Home    About Me    Goodreads    Bloglovin   YouTube    Twitter

Friday, April 29, 2011

Monarchy + Wedding= Fascinating

I woke up at 2:45am PST just in time to watch the actual Royal Wedding ceremony this morning.  Now, I sit here watching everything I did not watch, but recorded on DVR.

Sigh.  I love the monarchy of England.  If anything, my love for literature has stemmed from works written in the Elizabethan era as well as historical fiction based on monarchs from the 15th century on.  This wedding has definitely romanticized the Royal family even more so for me.  I feel that it's my academic and personal duty to now read everything there is out there about them.

But, on another note... here are my thoughts on the actual wedding.  First off, Kate was beautiful in her dress!  I absolutely love that style (ahem- if you know me at all, you know I am a fan of lace!)  Pippa's dress was also gorgeous for the maid of honors gown.


I vow today that if I ever have a winter wedding, my dress will look just like this but with an A-line skirt instead.  My mom thinks it's "simple" but I think it's classic... I'm not much for poof or the strapless + poof that EVERYONE wears. 

The Queen was also very stylish as usual.  I wonder if she styles her outfit herself or if someone else does, because for 85 she was looking very pretty!


Not to be forgotten are Prince William and Prince Harry.  My mom was an avid fan of Princess Diana and looking at them, all I can think about is their mother.  They look so much like her.  


And the Archbishop of Canterbury who married the couple.  Part of me really wished that he had combed his hair... or shaved before the ceremony.  But, nonetheless, I think he did a great job. 


I know that most who do not appreciate the monarchy or understand the importance of the Royal family, are probably extremely happy that the wedding is finally over.  But, seriously- how can someone NOT find this all so fascinating?  All you need to do is look back at the rich history of England to see why people go crazy over this sort of thing (unless you just really like weddings).

I'm going to finish watching and spend the rest of my as my last "free day" before finals.  I hope everyone else has a great Friday too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment