Home    About Me    Goodreads    Bloglovin   YouTube    Twitter

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

In Review: Coach Poppy and Poppy Flower Perfume.

I typically wear two different perfumes depending on my mood.
DKNY Be Delicious
and
Fresh Strawberry Flowers

The scent by Fresh is actually limited edition (which makes me very sad), and I don't know when it will be pulled.  Of course, I plan on buying a few bottles to stock up in the future, but I also decided to find a new scent.  Over the holidays I got a gift card to Sephora, so I bought the Coach Poppy and Poppy Flower Rollerball Duo since I had smelled it once it a magazine and liked it.  I couldn't remember which one I liked better (and I was buying online), and I figured the rollerball would let me give both of them a shot.

I am really picky when it comes to new perfumes.  I hate musky, vanilla, strong fragrances.  As you can probably tell from my above picks, I'm more of a fruity, light floral person.

Here my impression of each perfume...

Coach Poppy- Nick immediately said that this one smells like oranges.  And it does.  Oranges and flowers, with the faintest hint of... baby powder?  Maybe that is not the best way to put it.  It's also oddly (in a good way) dessert like, which makes sense since it is supposed to have "whipped marshmallow" and "creme brulee" accents.  I like the scent a lot when it is on.  I just rolled it on my wrists and neck.  I could smell it for 4-5 hours after application, which is normally how long perfumes last on me.


Coach Poppy Flower- As the name suggests, this one smells a lot more like flowers.  It is definitely "deeper"... as in something that can be worn in the evening.  I almost want to say that I smell a hint of lavender in there, even though the perfume notes don't mention anything about it.  There is also a strong base of jasmine.  Same as with Coach Poppy, this lasts around 4-5 hours.  Then again, this is the rollerball version, so the spray could last longer.


Overall- Coach Poppy is more suited for day time, and Poppy Flower for night.  This makes my ultimate decision even more difficult since I really like both of them.  Each 1 oz. bottle is $45, which is about the average cost for perfumes of this quality.  If I had to choose which to purchase first, it would be Coach Poppy because it has a fruit base.

Images courtesy of Sephora.com

1 comment:

  1. I can't stand really strong musky scents and, like you, just can't get enough of sweet, fruity scents so I will definitely give these a try.

    ReplyDelete